Over the last few days, I’ve been writing music for the video I’m working on that I mentioned in my last post. Initially, I improvised a short piano piece that I turned into a formal score, but something about it didn’t feel quite right for the video. So, I went back to the drawing board and wrote another piece from scratch, which is now ready for recording. My mind went on another frolic of its own for this piece – there are parts for violins, classical guitars and the piano in addition to vocals. Lots of practising for me……
In other news, I’ve finished writing a new song, so I’ve been working on the preliminary sketch for the accompanying painting. This a tiny preview of the sketch in progress. I’ve still got quite a bit of work to do to get the composition right, but I might leave that until I transfer the sketch to the full size canvas. It’ll be easier for me to see what is, and isn’t, working then.
Preliminary sketch in progress
Graphite on paper (detail view)